Custom Plastic Injection Molding
What is Plastic Injection Molding?
Plastic injection molding is one of the popular methods for mass producing plastic parts. Parts to be injection molded must first be very carefully designed to facilitate the molding process. Once the mold (also referred to as tooling or die) is created, the mold is placed in the injection molding machine. Raw plastic material, usually in the form of pellets, is fed into the injection molding machine, and advanced towards the mold by the injection unit. During this process, the material is melted by heat and pressure. As the plastic cools, it will solidify into the shape of the desired part.
Important considerations for Plastic Injection Molding
The material used for the part
The desired shape and features of the part
The material of the mold (mould)
The properties of the mold (mould) machine
Why Plastic Injection Molding
- Plastic injection molding is established and widely used manufacturing processes.
- Plastic injection molding is precise way to mass manufacture and can fabricate nearly any type of plastic part.
- Plastic injection molding is quick. While manufacturing speed is dependent on the complexity of a mold, on average only about 15 to 30 seconds pass between cycle times.
- Plastic injection molding is low cost production. Injection molding machines typically run with a self-gating, automatic tool to keep operations streamlined and production ongoing, requiring minimal supervision.
- Plastic injection molding is environmental friendly. With increased attention on sustainability, plastic injection molding processes benefit the environment by only using required amount of plastic to build parts. Recycling excess plastic benefits environment and minimizes waste.
- Plastic injection molding is versatile. One mold can produce may variations of your product. Color and material type are easy to change in injection molding machines.
- Plastic injection molding is manufacturing process which provides you with a finished or production equivalent part and requires little to no end finishing. Quality molds will provide you with quality parts with the smooth finished appearance you want for your product.
How is BeraTek different from other Plastic Injection Molders?
BeraTek is different from other plastic injection molders because we design and manufacture our own line of consumer products. Why? Not only because we have great ideas we want to share with consumers, but so we can provide a cost savings to our customers. With a product line to support much of our overhead, we can offer very competitive pricing to our custom injection molding customers. Costs (such as machine, maintenance and labor) are absorbed by our own products, which will allow us to bid your projects at a low price.